One of the reasons you drive a Toyota is because it's known for efficiency. But as with any vehicle, there are ways you can boost your fuel efficiency. We're here to share a few fuel efficient driving, packing, and maintenance tricks for Hattiesburg drivers.
- The faster you go on the highway, the more wind resistance your engine has to power through, which uses more fuel. Try slowing down.
- The more weight that's in your Toyota, the more your engine has to work to move it. When packing, try to bring only what you need for the trip.
- Your engine is the least efficient when it's cold. If you have multiple errands to run, try to combine them into one trip so that your engine stays warmed up.
- Your engine runs the most efficiently when it's clean, and there's minimal friction. Keep up with your routine oil and filter change schedule to clear out built up dirt and debris.
- Underinflated, bald, or damaged tires need more energy (and fuel) from your engine to get them rolling. Regularly check your air pressure, and have your tires routinely rotated and balanced to keep them from wearing down quickly.
Whether you need an oil change, or are looking for a new set of Toyota tires, the Service Center at Toyota of Hattiesburg is here to help keep your Toyota efficient. Our skilled technicians can perform routine maintenance like oil changes and tire rotations, or mount and balance your new tires quickly and accurately. Remember to check our Service Specials!