Halloween is a fun and thrilling time of year. There are plenty of scares and decorations to last the whole year and not to mention all the candy! Trick or treating is a common tradition that can be fun for everyone! While it can be easy to get lost in the fun of it all, make sure that you are being safe as you go around collecting your candy. Check out these safety tips below!
Trick or Treating Safety Tips
- Be visible. As it gets darker, it will be hard for drivers to see kids in their costumes. Try to get a reflective trick or treat bag or put reflective tape on your bag and costume to be easily seen by drivers.
- Go in a group. It is safer to go trick or treating in a group rather than being alone. Get a group of friends together and make it more fun! Have one adult per group.
- Be careful crossing the street. Use a crosswalk whenever you can when you have to cross the street and be sure to look both ways before crossing. Walk on the sidewalk when it is available and do not run.
- Think about your costume. Masks can be cool, but they can also be hard to see out of so make sure your mask properly fits so you do not have any issues seeing your surroundings. Face paint is another great option!
- Check your candy. Once you get home, inspect your candy before eating it. Check for any opened wrappers or anything that has been tampered with and throw it away.
Toyota of Hattiesburg is a proud member of the Hattiesburg community and wants everyone to be safe this Halloween. Stop by the dealership today to view our wide selection of new and used Toyota inventory or contact us with any questions!